- Who We Are
- What is 2-1-1 San Diego
- Our Mission and Vision
- Annual Report
- Real-Life Stories
- Board of Directors
- Leadership Team
- Our Funders
- News Room
- Support 2-1-1
- Resources and Services
- Directory of Services
- For Agencies
- CalFresh and Food Assistance
- Disaster Response
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Utility Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Housing Information
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Child Care and Early Education
- Military and Veteran Services
- Shelter and Homeless Services
- Mental Health Services
- Health Navigation
- Access and Functional Needs Services
- Reporting Graffiti
- En Español
- Contact Us
- Post Incarceration Re-Entry Resources
Child Care and Early Education
Do you have a child age 5 or younger
or a baby on the way?
First 5 San Diego has services for families with young children and pregnant women.
The first five years of life are critical to a child's development. These years shape a child's success in school and in life. First 5 San Diego educates and helps parents and others help children during these early years. Its goal is to help ensure that every child in San Diego County enters school ready to succeed.
The First 5 Commission of San Diego County leads the San Diego community in promoting the vital importance of the first 5 years of life to the well-being of children, families and society. The Commission conducts its mission through these key functions:
- Funding services and activities to achieve desired results.
- Advocating for policy change at local and state levels.
- Acting as a catalyst and leader for coordinating, integrating and leveraging existing resources.
- Building community and organizational capacity to support families.
Learn more at http://www.first5sandiego.org/.