- Who We Are
- What is 2-1-1 San Diego
- Our Mission and Vision
- Annual Report
- Real-Life Stories
- Board of Directors
- Leadership Team
- Our Funders
- News Room
- Support 2-1-1
- Resources and Services
- Directory of Services
- For Agencies
- CalFresh and Food Assistance
- Covered California
- North County Main Page
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Utility Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Housing Information
- Post Incarceration Re-Entry Resources
- Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Child Care and Early Education
- Military and Veteran Services
- Shelter and Homeless Services
- Mental Health Services
- Health Navigation
- Access and Functional Needs Services
- Reporting Graffiti
- Disaster Response
- En Español
- Contact Us
You are hereHome › Courage to Call
LISTEN TO OUR COURAGE TO CALL RADIO AD
WHAT IS COURAGE TO CALL?
Courage to Call is dedicated to helping current and former service members, including those who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. This dedication extends to military families and loved ones. All Courage to Call staff have been in the military or have been military family members. They have firsthand knowledge of the rigors of the military and military family life, constant deployments and transitioning out of the military. They are dedicated to helping veterans and their loved ones get the services and assistance they need and deserve. They can help you find supportive information, access and referrals throughout the San Diego County.
WHAT DOES COURAGE TO CALL PROVIDE?
Our veteran-staffed 24/7 Helpline provides free, confidential information, guidance and referrals. When you need assistance, call 2-1-1 to arrange meetings with other veterans and family support partners. Courage to Call can help you identify next steps and develop short-term personal and professional plans. Types of assistance include:
- Employment services
- Food, housing and shelter
- Rent and utility assistance
- Counseling services
- Family and legal resources
- VA and other benefits and information
- Veterans transition services
- Low-cost or no-cost recreation
WHO DOES COURAGE TO CALL SERVE?
Courage to Call is a countywide San Diego program serving: Individuals who have served in any branch of the Military, Reserves or National Guard regardless of their discharge status, and those who have left the military and need help finding support and services. Families and Loved Ones who are concerned about the emotional health and well-being of those who have served in the Military, Reserves or National Guard. Community organizations, agencies, and providers that want training to improve cultural awareness and understanding for serving those with a military or military family background.
CONTACT COURAGE TO CALL
- For around-the-clock guidance, support, information and/or referrals for a loved one or yourself.
- For veteran and family support and guidance that can help you develop short term prevention-oriented plans to improve your mental wellness.
- For staff training that helps your organization gain a better cultural understanding and awareness for interacting with service members and their families.
Call our 24/7 Helpline: 2-1-1